Your Privacy Rights
Effective: March 22, 2023
How we collect and use personal information
We collect personal information on this website in the following ways.
GoMoto only obtains your email address if you provide the email address. GoMoto uses HubSpot and similar services to send emails to you. The website uses e-mail addresses to uniquely identify and communicate between the various users of our service. GoMoto may also use your e-mail address to contact you regarding account status, new features, confirmation of registration, or other service related notices.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to improve our services, to investigate and remediate potential risks to our website and services, and to administer our website.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
We regularly track site traffic for administrative purposes. We use this anonymous data for a few things:
- To ensure smooth site traffic flow.
- To assess what pages on our sites are visited the most.
- From what countries or Internet Service Provider domains visitors access our site.
Our web servers collect the anonymous information that your browser automatically transmits any time you are on the web.
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads across the internet. We use ad-tracking along with third-party vendors. These use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie). Together, these cookies report if you have seen our ads (ad impressions) and how you have interacted with our ads and ad services. We want this information so we can make sure any of our advertising that you see is relevant to you.
FACEBOOK CONVERSION TRACKING PIXEL
USER PROVIDED INFORMATION
On our sites, except as explained above, we only collect personal information when you choose to provide it to us. You also may provide information to us while using our kiosks and services. Some examples of times we would ask you to provide personal information:
- When you sign up or contact GoMoto
- When you use search, forums or any aspect of the website
- When you sign in at a dealership
We will only share this personally identifiable information within our company and third party affiliates and with businesses that use our services to provide services as well as relevant or requested information about products and services specifically requested by you. GoMoto may use some of this information to perform statistical analyses in order to inform others about the profile and demographics of our users and for search engine optimization and general business use. We will only disclose the results of these analyses in aggregate form to third parties.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal information:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Contact information (such as name, email address, phone number, contact preferences, and customer information).
- Information about your interest in or use of our products, programs, and services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
- Device information (such as IP address, operating system, browser, and other information about your system and connection).
- Product usage and performance data.
- Demographic and interest data (via Google's Display Advertising Features and Facebook's Conversion Tracking Pixel, outlined above).
WHAT WE DO WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Google's Display Advertising Features and Facebook's Conversion Tracking pixel to understand your personal preferences and ensure any ads we deliver are relevant to you.
We use your user-provided personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your communication.
- To provide the product or service that you requested when providing your information.
- To send more information about products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
We may disclose your personal information if we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, legal process, or government request; to investigate or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our rights, our terms and conditions, or the rights of others; to investigate and remediate suspected threats to the security, integrity or availability of our services and systems or to your or others’ personal information; or to protect the safety and security of our Company, our users, or the public.
We do not sell your personal information.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may provide your personal information to the following third parties:
- Unbounce: https://unbounce.com/privacy/
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy (Google Analytics, GoogleAds)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Zapier: https://zapier.com/privacy
- Bing Ads: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/microsoft-advertising-privacy-policy
- HubSpot: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
We do not disclose to third parties personal information of customers that we collect for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising. Customize the Google Display Network ads by using Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by using their Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Set preferences for how Google advertises through you using the Google Ads Settings page. If you want to opt out of internet-based advertising as a whole, you can:
- Change your cookie settings in your browser.
- Visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- Install a browser plug-in to disable cookie storage.
You can opt out of HubSpot as explained at the following links:
We may use your personal information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us, you have two ways of stopping it.
Follow the unsubscribe instructions at the end of email communications.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be removed from advertising lists.
Except as expressly described, we do not honor do not track signals.
This site and our systems have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
NOTICE IF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COMPROMISED
We will comply with applicable law with regard to notifying you if we learn that your personal information is compromised.
REVIEWING YOUR PERSONAL INFOMATION ANF MAKING CHANGES
To update or modify personal information, please contact: email@example.com
We do not knowingly acquire personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that information regarding a minor under the age of 13 has been provided to us, please contact us as indicated below.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites. Any use of personal information provided to third parties will be governed by their privacy statements and policies. Also, we are not responsible for the content or operation of their websites.
Your privacy rights
As a consumer, subject to applicable laws ruling your jurisdiction, you have certain rights. These may include:
Right to Know: Upon receipt of a verifiable written request (where we will verify your ID) , and within periods set by applicable law, we will provide you with information regarding the personally identifiable information we gathered about you over the past 12 months from the date of receipt of such request, the types of sources from which we obtain the information, the purposes for which the information is gathered, and the types of third parties with which we share or to whom (if any) we sell the information, unless a request is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. In the event that the latter applies we will provide you with the reasons why such request cannot be processed. We may also deny your request in accordance with “Denying your request” section below.
Right of Access and Portability: Upon receipt of a verifiable request, and within the periods set by applicable law, we will grant you with reasonable access to the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, provided that you establish, to our reasonable satisfaction, that you are the person, or you represent the person, who the personal information relates to. You also may have the right to receive your personal information in a form and format for the purpose of transmitting that information to another entity.
Right of Correction: We will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct, update or amend personally identifiable information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. In addition to any other terms set out in this policy, a request to correct may be denied if your request to correct the same alleged inaccuracy has been denied by us within the past 6 months from the receipt date.
Right of Deletion: Upon receipt of a verifiable request or when required or otherwise appropriate, we will delete personally identifiable information we have gathered about you, except to the extent applicable law permits or requires us to maintain that information for a longer period. We will inform you once the request has been completed or if we cannot comply with your request for a specific reason.
Right to Opt Out of Sale/Sharing: We do not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties for monetary consideration. We may, however, share personally identifiable information in the course of our business when we instruct a service provider to act on behalf of us for the purpose of providing the goods and the services or gathered by cookies and similar tools with third parties for marketing purposes, including analytics.
Right to Opt Out of Certain Processing: Upon receipt of a verifiable request or when required or otherwise appropriate, you may have the right to opt out of the processing of your personal information for the purpose of targeted advertising or for profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similar effects.
Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: If you would like to exercise the right to limit our use or disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information, please access the link “Limit the Use and Disclosure of My Sensitive Personal Information." As used in this policy, Sensitive Personal Information means and includes information that reveals:
- A person’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.
- A person’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
- A person’s precise geolocation.
- A person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.
- A person’s mental or physical health or diagnosis.
- A person’s citizenship or citizenship status.
- The contents of a person’s mail, email, and text messages unless we are the intended recipient of the communication.
- Information about a person’s sex life or sexual orientation
- A consumer’s genetic data and biometric data, where the processing of biometric data is intended for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer.
Denying a request and non-disclosable information
Upon request or when required or otherwise appropriate, and within periods (if any) set by applicable law, we will endeavor to grant individuals reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about them. To guard against fraudulent requests to know, to delete to correct and to access, we will require sufficient information to allow us to confirm the identity of the individual making the request before granting access, giving details about the personal information in scope, correcting or deleting the information. Such access may be denied in whole or in part by us where the denial is permitted by applicable law. Every request from an individual will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. In the event a request is denied, we will notify the individual regarding the reasons for denial in writing. Consistent with how your personal information is maintained in the ordinary course of our business, we will provide the information in an understandable form. We may impose a reasonable charge when a request is made (e.g., for photocopying or postage) to the extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be able to disclose to you or any other individual authorized to act on your behalf, the information listed below, however, we would be able to inform you with sufficient detail that we collect certain types of information about you.
Non-Disclosable PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Social security number
- driver’s license number or other governmental ID number
- financial account number
- any health or medical identification number
- account passwords
- security questions and answers
- unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis of human characteristics.
We will not discriminate against consumers who exercise their rights under applicable data protection laws. Unless permitted by the applicable law depending on the jurisdiction or other applicable laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
However, we may offer financial incentives to you for the collection, sale, or deletion of personally identifiable information. Any such offer will reasonably relate to the value of your personally identifiable information and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in such a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. For questions regarding this policy or to make a request please contact us at (800)769-2272.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email us at email@example.com or contact: Will Farley, Privacy Officer GoMoto 1 Reynolds Way Kettering, OH 45430
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We will post any change to this policy on this page.